Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is a global problem and of increasing concern due to the negative health impacts from chemical, physical and biological contamination within occupied spaces.
The US Environmental Protection Agency estimates that:
- US citizens spend 90% of their time indoors and that air pollutants can be 2-5 times higher than outdoors.
- 50% of US schools have Indoor Air Quality issues,
- Indoor air pollution consistently ranks among the top 5 environmental risks to public health.
This concern is driving demand for a more comprehensive approach to indoor air treatment than what existing standard systems can offer, with a focus on removing both particulate matter and airborne pathogens.
Using the FRG core technology, PuriflOH is developing a product that is able to comprehensively purify air in occupied internal environments.
- Has a high rate of purification, targeting biological & chemical decontamination, and particulate removal (<0.3 microns).
- Decontaminates harmful air borne substances such as bacteria and their spores, virus’s, molds, Volatile organic compounds (VOC’s), toxins and chemicals (including tobacco).
- Is safe in all environments, a chemical and odour free process.
- Is designed for operation as a portable or in-duct (HVAC) system for use in residential, commercial, retail, hotels, industrial, transportation and community facilities (schools, aged and health care).
- Is able to be incorporated into the systems and products of organizations with existing air treatment and air handling systems.